Audience Served:Approximately 1,200 lawyers in the Region of Peel and surrounding jurisdictions.
Circulation Policy:Limited borrowing privileges. For court use on a daily basis. Members may sign books out for three working days.
History:The Peel Law Association, incorporated in 1947, established its law library in 1950 in the historic Peel County courthouse on Main Street South. In 1967, the library moved to the south end of Brampton to the new courthouse at 7755 Hurontario Street. As the population of Peel increased and court services expanded to five separate locations in Peel, the library continued to provide service to lawyers. In 2000, court space in Peel was consolidated and the library moved into the new A. Grenville and William Davis Courthouse on land adjacent to the previous General Division courthouse.
Facility:The library is situated on the main floor of the Davis Courthouse. The well-appointed lawyers lounge with kitchen facilities and robing rooms are adjacent to the library. Thre is seating for 30 at tables and 10 at individual study carrels. The library has a TV/VCR and DVD facilities. Word processing and printing capabilities are available. There are also 9 laptop stations with internet connections and wireless access in library and lawyers lounge